The 8ft Mega 4Bank DMX lighting systems are reintroduced with a new design.
The 8ft Mega 4Bank DMX lighting systems are reintroduced with a new design. With new universal voltage from
100VAC-240VAC, the lighter weight Mega 4Bank DMX ballast draws only 4.3A (120VAC), almost 50% less than the previous model. New features include new graphics and new rounded power switches with the same classic features: individual light control, HO/Standard switching and the same high quality standards: flicker-free, instant-on, dead quiet operation. Color temperature doesn’t shift when light levels change. The large portable soft lights give the cinematographer or lighting designer
a unique soft light that cannot be easily duplicated with traditional luminaires. Lightweight and cool in operation, they can be hand-held, attached directly to a set wall or stand mounted.
The 4-Lamp Mega Fixture
• Built-in Barndoors
• Removable Reflector, Louver and Lamp Harness
• Twist-on Locking Center Mount
• True Match® daylight, tungsten The High Output Ballast
• Mega 4Bank DMX
• Universal input 100VAC-240VAC
• Flicker-free, HO/Std switching
• Individual lamp control
• Auto terminate for DMX
• Instant-on, dead quiet
• Remote operation
Mega 4Bank DMX System Highlights
• 4-Lamp remote fixture w/ built-in barndoors
• Fixture includes Reflector, Louver (x2), and removable Harness
• Same fixture takes daylight and tungsten lamps
• Mounts to a stand, light enough to screw to a wall
• Removable center mount
• Fixture or lamps w/ harness run up to 75 feet (24 meters) from ballast
• High output, flicker-free ballast
• Universal voltage from 100-240VAC can be used anywhere in the world
• Low amperage draw at 4.3A/120VAC, 2.2A/230VAC
• Instant-on, dead quiet
• DMX and manual lamp switching – no color shift
• HO/Std switching
• DMX has “Auto Terminate” feature
• Same ballast runs 6ft and 8ft lamps
• UL listed, CE approved
Mega 4Bank DMX System
The first thing to note about the Mega 4Bank DMX System is that it consists of four components: Mega 4Bank Fixture (fig. 1),
Mounting Plate (fig. 2), Ballast (fig. 3) and Extension Cable (fig. 4). It was designed in this manner to allow the greatest flexibility
when working on film production where the gaffer and DP are constantly being challenged to light unique locations and problem solve
at a moment’s notice.
Sometimes size does matter, so Kino Flo introduced a larger version of its popular 2ft and 4ft Select 4Bank lighting systems.
The new line is called “Mega” and uses 6ft and 8ft T-12 bi-pin Lamps. The Mega series gives broader coverage to large areas,
especially when using silks, backlighting photographic panels or building soft boxes to light automobiles or other large objects.
Even though it is a large source, the Mega 4Bank 8ft system only draws 4.3 Amps at 120vac and can plug into any wall socket on location. With its narrow profile, the Mega 4Bank can approximate the quality of light from bounced sources and create a tremendous amount of “wrap”.
The Mega 4Bank Fixture
The Mega 4Bank fixture houses the lamps and is comprised of a removable Louver (x2), Reflector, and Lamp Harness.
Note: The 8ft fixtures include two 4ft Louvers; the 6ft fixtures include two 3ft Louvers.
The Louver and Reflector are held in place with Velcro fasteners. There is a strain relief on the lamp harness to ensure the connectors
don’t pull off the lamps during operation. To get the harness away from the fixture, turn the ¼ turn fastener and rotate counter-clockwise to release.
The Harness wiring is color-coded. The same color-code must match at each end of the lamp for proper operation.