The ALEXA 35 expands your creative control options using the new REVEAL color science, color matching with existing ARRI cameras, and multiple Texture Files that bestow an ability to select looks akin to choosing a film stock, both during capture and in post-production. Although housed in a compact form, the ALEXA 35 camera incorporates a full feature set, including a left-side display, independent SDI outputs, audio inputs, motorized ND filters, two wireless radios, and both 12 and 24V accessory ports.
4.6K Super35 ARRI ALEV 4 CMOS Sensor
Video Recording Formats
Stray Light Suppression
High ISO Camera
REVEAL Color Science
Created with the input of both cinematographers and colorists, ARRI’s REVEAL color science employs six factors to create improved color, contrast, sensitivity, and dynamic range.
- A new debayering algorithm combines with the ALEXA 35's impressive processing power to create cleaner-edged images that are perfect for compositing work.
- The new ACE4 color engine converts RGB image data into the ARRI Wide Gamut color space (AWG4), producing more accurate colors and improving color saturation and tracking, even with subtle tones and lower light levels.
- The AWG4 camera color space is larger than Rec. 2020 but bypasses "virtual" colors that are outside the human visual spectrum, providing faster grading, easier color space conversion, and compatibility with the ACES system.
- A new Log-C 4 tonal curve enables the ALEXA 35’s larger 17-stop dynamic range; note that the Log-C 4 look appears darker before conversion to Rec. 709 or another color space.
- New LUTs use the improved sensor, color space, and Log-C 4 to produce optimal shadow tonality, color fidelity, and color-grading base. These new LUTS must be used with Log-C 4; they do not offer the manual control that some used with Log-C 3.
- The ALEXA 35 offers backward compatibility for intercutting with ALEXA, ALEXA Mini, and AMIRA images, and the ALEXA Mini LF and ALEXA LF images may be processed via REVEAL to match your ALEXA 35 footage. Processed images will not offer the higher dynamic range nor ARRI Textures but will have cleaner edges, better color, easier grading, and ACES, Log-C 4, and new LUT compatibility.
Versatile Lens Choices
Full Feature Set in a Compact Form
- Left display: The new left-side display is ideal for stabilizer, drone, and crane use, enabling you to view the status and change settings without having an EVF attached. You can even select the ND filter setting to show as the display "screensaver", creating a quick visual reminder for any stop compensation needed.
- Connectors: The right side of the ALEXA 35 offers a full interface, including a second EVF port, two 1.5/3/6/12G-SDI outputs with a return option on the second one, timecode in/out, and both 12 and 24V accessory output ports.
- Ethernet: An Ethernet port offers real-time streaming of metadata for use in mixed reality productions (MRP).
- Audio: The ALEXA 35 audio options include two internal microphones like the ALEXA Mini LF, one 6-pin LEMO input, one 3.5mm headphone jack, embedded SDI audio, and compatibility with the AEM-1 audio module.
- Accessories in this PL Mount Set include the BUD-1 Balance Utility Dovetail and a B-Mount Battery Adapter.
- Separately available electronic accessory options include the Multi Viewfinder MVF-2, the PDM-1 power distribution module, and the AEM-1 audio extension module with one AES3/AES42 and two mic/line mini-XLR inputs.