The Sony PMW-EX1 is a flash-memory based high definition camcorder capable of a variety of frame rates and resolutions using Sony's new XDCAM-EX intraframe codec. The Exmor 1/2" CMOS sensors used in the PMW-EX1 provide unprecedented levels of image clarity previously unavailable in the prosumer market. Sony's sophisticated SxS Pro memory cards add a unique dimension to almost any production.
Enhancing both usability and workflow efficiency, the PMW-EX1 has an extensive set of features that push the boundaries of traditional handheld cameras, including a continuous record time of up to 140 minutes! Whether shooting in 720p, 1080i, or 1080p modes, the PMW-EX1 has it all covered. Its bevy of output settings lets users take advantage of fast and slow motion, as well as popular framerates such as the "film-like" 24p mode.
- XDCAM EX
- XDCAM EX is a variant of Sony's popular XDCAM HD codec, which has become a benchmark for affordable non-linear professional acquisition. Through the use of flash-based memory, the PMW-EX1 can take advantage of variable bit rate (VBR) recording. VBR technology intelligently employs less or more image compression to different portions of the footage dependant on which areas need additional bandwidth. The end result is higher quality video with a reduced amount of compression artifacts when compared to more antiquated constant bit rate (CBR) methods.
- Exmor 1/2" CMOS Sensors
- Most prosumer cameras feature 1/3" sensors. These chips can sometimes become unacceptable in low-light situations due to their smaller size. The result can often be additional noise or image degradation, sometimes sending otherwise usable footage to the proverbial "digital cutting room floor". By incorporating larger chips, Sony has once again raised the bar for handheld cameras; The PMW-EX1's ultra-sensitive 1/2" CMOS Exmor sensors fully take advantage of the increased surface area, delivering a signal-to-noise ratio of 54 dB! Wow.
- SxS Solid State Recording Technology
- SxS technology is built for today's most demanding applications and beyond. Being based on the Expresscard/34 interface makes ultra-high transfer rates possible, up to 800 Mb/s. These high transfer speeds can be very important when trying to quickly download multiple gigabytes worth of footage.
- Under and Over-Cranking Made Easy
- Variable frame rates have been used in filmmaking since its inception. What is often referred to as "over-cranking" for slow motion and "under-cranking" for fast motion, is achieved by running film quickly or slowly through a film gate. This method makes for a simple yet effective technique, which can be used in an myriad of creative cinematic ways. The PMW-EX1 has the ability to simulate this same effect while keeping your hands free from all those stinky film chemicals. Shoot in a number of frame rates, select any clip, and watch your footage playback automatically in all its fast or slow motion glory!
- High Definition LCD
- When shooting HD footage, standard LCD screens can be very deceiving; what looked perfect amidst a full-day video shoot can sometimes prove very soft or out of focus while in post-production. This is a direct result of a simple fact: most camera mounted LCDs cannot resolve images in the same way they are being recorded. The PMW-EX1 comes equipped with 1-MegaPixel LCD screen, eliminating this oft-pesky phenomenon. Record with confidence, knowing that what you see is what you will get.
- 14x Fujinon Lens
- The integrated Fujinon lens has many professional design nuances usually only available on more expensive ENG cameras, including both full manual focus as well as a slide focus ring.
- Extended Record Time
- Due to the space-saving nature of XDCAM EX, the 8 and 16GB memory cards are capable of recording for long periods of time. Documentary work will never be a problem when shooting on the PMW-EX1.
||מצלמה + עדשה מובנית
||3 סוללות + מטען